- Soft drinks (minerals): aside from the fact that a 12-oz bottle has over 3 Tablespoons of raw sugar. Considering that 1 teaspoon of sugar has 5 grams of carbohydrate that is 50g of carbs in 1 drink. This is as much carbohydrate as 3 slices of bread
- Juices : All juices no matter how natural contain concentrated amounts of sugar. Any form of sugar concentration is bad for diabetics
Sparkling Citrus Zobo Tea
World Diabetes Day Nigeria - Healthy Drink Recipe
- 2 green tea bags
- Handful washed zobo leaves
- 1 large lime
- 1 large orange
- 3 cups sparking water (substitute regular water)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add in teabags and zobo leaves. Set aside for five minutes. Drain through a sieve and set aside to cool
- Juice orange and lime. Set aside
- In a large bowl combine 3 cups sparkling water, citrus juice and steeped zobo tea. Stir
- Serve drink over ice garnished with sliced lime.
- Recipe serves 3
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.