I am extremely excited to bring you guys this recipe; I love it when healthy and delicious come together in a perfect way. This baked chin chin is crunchy, filling and extremely delicious. Feel free to play around with chopped dried fruits or some shaved coconut to enhance the recipe.
This is a must try recipe for all my fit-fam people, I promise you will not be the least bit disappointed. Check out our traditional chin chin recipe
- Whole wheat flour – 3 cups
- Melted butter or coconut oil – 2/3 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup (adjusts up or down based on preference)
- Milk- 1/3 cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Raw Eggs – 2
- Chopped cranberries, raisins or shredded coconut – ¼ cup (optional)
Other: Oven, oven tray and baking sheet (parchment or aluminum foil)
- Preheat the oven on bake to 275°F
- In two separate bowls combine the wet and dry ingredients
- Using a whisk or spatula add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly until a dough is formed
– You want dough that is soft but not sticky- if you find the dough to be sticky work in a handful or two of flour
- Roll out the dough to about half inch thickness
- With a cookie cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough into bite size pieces
- Place some parchment or aluminum foil on an oven tray, grease lightly. Place the cut dough on the sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes, change the oven setting to broil (to brown the top), leave to broil for another 25 minutes.
- If the chin chin isn’t brown enough at this point (oven settings vary) continue to switch between bake and broil at 10 minutes intervals until the desired golden color is achieved
- If you are one of the lucky ones with an oven that can bake and broil at the same time- set the oven to do both from the unset and remove when chin chin is golden brown (~40 minutes)
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.