Happy New Month!!!! This is my first recipe post in a long while, plenty apologies for my absence. Life has been super busy for myself and the 9jafoodie team, we are really thankful for the many blessing and we thank every single one of you for being a part of the journey. I have so much news for you guys but I will try not to jinx anything just yet :D.
As an ode to raining season, I have decide to do a pepper soup post. I was one of those people that would only eat Catfish pepper soup, but not anymore, this Tilapia recipe stole my heart.
- 1 whole Tilapia (gutted, cleaned and cut)
- 1 table spoon pepper soup spice
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon bitter leaf
- 1 tablespoon scent leaf
- 2 cups cubed fresh yams or plantains
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped onions
- 2 cube maggi
- Salt to taste
- Season the Tilapia with some salt and one of the maggi cubes, add about 3 table spoons of water. simmer on low heat until the fish is thoroughly cooked (About 15 minutes). Set aside to cool
- Bring the 3 cups of water to a boil, add in all the left over ingredients. reduce the heat to medium and simmer the mixture until the yam is cooked (20-25mins)
- Taste and adjust the water/yam mix for seasoning. Add in the cooked fish. Simmer for another 5 mins.
Enjoy peppersoup as lunch or supper
Did You Know: Your pepper soup will have a bitter taste if you use too much of the peppersoup spice blend. To rectify this simply add more water to the broth.