I love love love sweet potatoes, baked, boiled, steamed, roosted it doesn’t matter. I added this recipes in my early days of food blogging (3 years is such a long time), I have revamped it a little since then and it’s high time I share it again. Try it, I promise you will love it.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 6 shrimps (pre-cooked) – chopped
- 1 cup chopped vegetables of choice (I used onion, peppers, mushrooms)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (substitute vegetable oil)
- Wash and peel the potato
- Using a hand held grater, grate the potatoes. strain or squeeze the grated potatoes to remove excess water
- Thoroughly combine the left over ingredients (except the oil) with the potatoes
- Heat a large griddle or frying pan, add in the oil.
- Scoop about half a cooking spoon of the mixture into the oil and flatten. Fry on each side until golden. Repeat until all the mixture is fried.
Serve warm. Enjoy!
Note: This can also be prepared with Irish potatoes and unripe (green) plantains.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.