I am extremely excited for the cassava main course recipe; it’s extremely delicious and surprisingly filling. The inspiration for this came from moi moi but the meal is definitely in a class of it’s own. This can be served as brunch, lunch or supper. Take the liberty to incorporate your protein of choice into the recipe; however, I would advice that you do try it with corned beef.
2 pounds cassava (sweet cassava, not the type used for making garri ) (Yucca) – Substitute African Yam
- 5 Eggs (3 raw, 2 hardboiled-Chopped)
- 1.5 tablespoons Palm oil
- 1.5 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Salt- to taste
- 1 Seasoning Cube – Knorr
- 1 teaspoon Pepper Flakes (Substitute Chopped fresh pepper)
- Handful Chopped Onion
- 4-6 Prawns – Cleaned and Chopped
- 4-5 tablespoons Corned beef
Other – Hand held grater or food processor, ramekins or other steaming bowl (greased)
- Using a sharp knife, peel off the cassava skin. Cut the cassava in half lengthwise, and remove the fibrous vein running through the center.
- Finely grate the cassava
- Heat up the Coconut and palm oil. Add in the salt, seasoning cube and pepper. Combine. Set aside
- Crack the fresh eggs into the grated cassava. Add the oil mix. Combine. Gently fold in the left over ingredients
- Portion the mix into greased steaming bowls. Steam on medium heat for 1 hour.