This is another simple and straightforward recipe for the 9jafoodie 30-minute meal series. Spaghetti and meatballs is a classic Italian combination that is pleasing to kids and adults alike. I made use of ground turkey in my version, feel free to use ground beef or ground pork if you prefer.
I know the ingredients list looks a little long, but it really not I promise. Most of them are repeated, I only sectioned off the list to make the recipe a little easier to approach.
- 2 cups ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cube maggi
- Salt – to taste
- ½ teaspoon black or Cameroon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic (or 2 minced cloves)
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 handful raw spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup sliced onions
- 4 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup Tomato or Nigerian sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil (optional)
- Salt & Maggi – to taste
- Place a large pan on medium-high heat, add in 5-6 cups of water and bring to a rolling boil. Add in some salt, a little oil and the spaghetti. Boil pasta briefly for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients for the meatballs. Portion out one tablespoon of mix at a time and roll between your palms to form a ball. Set aside and repeat until all formed.
- Place a large pot on medium heat and heat up oil. Add in the meatballs. Fry until brown on all sides. Add the onions and fry until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and left over ingredients excluding pasta and cook for 10 minute. Add in pasta. Combine. Cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy