I love me some curry especially the decadent coconut milk kind. It’s surprising how easy and quick it is to actually make curry sauce at home. Mind you, the protein options are endless. I have made both chicken and fish curry in the past. I chose shrimp for this recipe because it’s amazingly quick and doesn’t require much prep work. You can whip this up in less than 20 minutes. If you live in Nigeria, please try using fresh shrimps. It’s a million times better than frozen
- 20-25 shrimps (peeled, devined and cleaned)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (more as needed)
- 1 can (400ml) Coconut milk (Thai brand is my favorite)
- 1-2 maggi cubes
- Salt - to taste
- Place a skillet on medium high heat. Add in the oil. Stir in minced onion. Stir fry until the onion is wilted but not brown. Add in curry powder and turmeric. Stir fry for another minute.
- Add in coconut milk. Season with maggi and salt. Stir well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in shrimps. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
We are making shrimp curry on todays episode of #cookalongwith9jafoodie . Ingredient list in previous post . 1️⃣ prep all ingredients. Season shrimp with salt, peppers and lemon juice (optional). Cut tomatoes (2) into small cubes. Mince onion (small bulb), garlic (2 cloves) and ginger (little thumb size).
4️⃣ Stir in coconut milk (400ml), 1/2 cup water and add in shrimp. Briefly Increase heat to high, allow the mixture to come to a boil. Stir. taste and adjust for seasoning. Reduce the heat back to low-medium. Cover pan and simmer for 3 minutes. #cookalongwith9jafoodie . Excuse the little photo bomber, she is obviously excited for the curry 😂
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.