I should really call this the “Ore Turkey”, this is my friend Ore’s original recipe which she passed on to me 7 years ago and I have loved it ever since. I am passing on this deliciousness to the 9jafoodie nation, do try it and let ore know what you think in the comment form.
- 8 Turkey wings (Split in half - OR NOT)
- 1 tspn thyme
- 1 tspn curry
- 1 tspn Cameroon pepper (or cracked black pepper)
- salt - To taste
- 2-3 cubes Maggi
- ½ medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cooking spoons
- Combine all ingredients except the sauce. Steam (without added water) on low-medium heat until turkey is cooked and mostly dry (30-35mins)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Add half of the sauce into the turkey and stir to combine. Arrange turkey on a lightly greased oven tray. Spread on the left over sauce and sprinkle on more Cameroon pepper
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.