Do you want a quick sauce with wow factor? delicious yet completely fitfam approved. This chicken vegtable sauce recipe is totally for you! I first prepared a variant of this sauce over 2 years ago, you can find that recipe here . This is an updated version with a lot more sauce. This sauce is pretty much magic especially if you are on a budget, you get to prepare a big batch with just a handful of ingredients . Lots of people tried this when I first posted it on Instagram with rave reviews, you definitely should as well.
- 2 teaspoons each ginger, garlic, white pepper & red pepper (all powder)
- 1 medium onion - Minced
- 2 bell pepper - chopped
- 4 cups peas & carrot
- 2 cups mushrooms - Optional
- 8-10 boneless/skinless chicken thighs - sliced
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch (substitute 6 tablespoons white flour)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Salt - to taste
- 2 seasoning cubes (optional)
- Combine spice powders. set aside
- Dissolve 5 tablespoon of cornstarch in 4 cups of water. Set aside .
- Season chicken with some salt and half of spice mix from step one. Set aside.
- Place a large pan on high heat. Heat up oil. Add in seasoned chicken, sear on all sides until golden (5-10 minutes)
- Add in chopped onions. Stir.
- Add in vegetables and left over spice mix. Season with salt and maggi. Stir to combine
- Stir in cornstarch mixture . Cover and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sauce is ready. Serve over some rice or bulgur
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.