Do you want a quick sauce with wow factor? delicious yet completely fitfam approved. This chicken vegtable sauce recipe is totally for you! I first prepared a variant of this sauce over 2 years ago, you can find that recipe here . This is an updated version with a lot more sauce. This sauce is pretty much magic especially if you are on a budget, you get to prepare a big batch with just a handful of ingredients . Lots of people tried this when I first posted it on Instagram with rave reviews, you definitely should as well.
- 1 medium onion & 1 bell pepper - chopped
- 2 cups peas & carrot
- 3-4 boneless/skinless chicken thighs - sliced
- Handful prawns (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (substitute 3 tablespoons flour)
- 1 teaspoon each ginger, garlic, pepper & onion (all powder)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt - to taste
- 1 seasoning cube (optional)
- Season chicken with some salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place a large pan on high heat. Heat up oil. Add in chopped onion and stirfry until fragrant.
- Add in seasoned chicken, sear on all sides until golden (4-5 minutes)
- Dissolve 2 tablespoon of cornstarch in 2 cups of water. Set aside .
- Add the remaining ingredients into the chicken. Stir to combine
- increase heat to maximum. Add water mixture into the stirfry . stir continuously until thickened. Taste and adjust for seasoning
- Sauce is ready. Serve with some rice or bulgur
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.