I have a confession, I am one of those people that squeeze out the oil in puff puff; I usually cannot bring myself to consume all that oil. So I thought, how can I make puff puff fitfam approved and still maintain the taste & texture? A light-bulb went off and puff-puff sticks were born. If you eat puffpuff for the taste & texture, this recipe is for you. if you eat puff puff because you like the grease, by all means deep fry using our traditional recipe.
I finished the sticks off with a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg and honey drizzle. Serve with hot Milo or Hot chocolate as you open up christmas presents, go right ahead and dunk them.
- 1 + 1/4 cups flour (157 grams)
- 1 teaspoon quick rise yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar (50 grams)
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients until you have a smooth paste. Batter should be thick and smooth with a couple of bubbles.
- Cover the mixture with a table cloth. Set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes . The batter will be double its original size when ready
- Set a large frying pan on low-medium heat, add in the oil. When the oil is hot, pour in the batter. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly. Cook until bubble appear on top then flip and cook on the other side
- use a sharp knife to cut the puff puff into long sticks, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve warm.