This is a very quick, light and healthy supper, a gourmet esq dish that doesn’t take more than 30mins.
- 1 semi ripe plantain (cubed)
- 2 medium size tomatoes (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive or groundnut oil
- A dash of curry
- A dash dried crushed pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons flour
- 1 cube Maggi (bouillon)(optional)
- Salt to taste
* A choice of protein**cooked* optional
- Place a medium size pot on medium heat, add in the oil wait about 2mins then add in the onion and garlic. Stir until the onion becomes translucent (2-3mins)
- Add in 1 cup water, curry, pepper, maggi cube and salt. Cover the pot and bring the water to a boil, add in the diced tomatoes and plantain, reduce the heat and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the soup for seasoning, add in the flour*(this is to thicken the soup), simmer for another 4 minutes.
- Serve the soup with your choice of protein(best with seafood or chicken)
*If the soup isn’t thick enough, add in a little more flour. Be sure to wait about 3mins after the first flour addition though, it takes a few mins for the soup to thicken*
PS: I used raw shrimps in mine, I salted it and added it into the soup about 4 mins before it was done.
Have a great weekend foodie!!