This is a quick appetizer, it’s a great time saver and unassumingly gourmet-esque. You can also use this plantain frying method for shaped plantains, after the plantain has been pressed down use a cookie cutter to cut out desired shape before re-frying. You may also seve the avocado mix as a dip with the plantains on the side.
- 1 large unripe plantain
- 5 Cooked shrimps
- 1/2 of a large avocado pear
- 1/2 of a small habanera pepper- finely chopped (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Heat large amount of oil in a deep pot or a deep fryer
- Cut the plantain into 4-5 chunks. Fry quickly until the plantains start to turn brown
- Place the browned plantain on a foil sheet, fold over and press down on the chunk until it becomes flat. continue process until all the plantain are flattened
- Return flattened plantain to hot oil and fry until golden brown
- Remove fried plantain from oil and set aside to rest on a paper towel
- Prepare the avocado topping by mashing the avocado and combining with peppers and a little salt
- Top warm plantain with avocado mixture and shrimp
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.