Are you ready to make the best chicken suya ever? like are you ready? if you are not, oya go away and come back some other time. lol. just kidding, I know you are ready. Guess when I actually created this recipe? march of 2015, yes, it takes that long for recipes to get posted on the website at times. I created the recipe around the same time as this Baked spicy chicken recipe, if you haven’t experienced it yet, I will definitely recommend it. It’s extremely moist and flavorful.
The secret to what makes the recipe so great is the use of suya spice at two different stages. first in the marinade then as a finisher. You will honestly never make chicken suya any other way again. This recipe also works well on the grill.
- Chicken Leg quarters - 12
- Thyme - 1 Tbspn
- 2 Tbspn suya spice - divided
- Curry powder- 1 tspn
- Black, white or Cameroon pepper - To taste
- Salt - to taste
- Maggi - 3 cubes
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt
- Thoroughly combine chicken with all ingredients including one half of the suya spice.Set in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours or overnight
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an oven tray with foil or parchment
- Arrange marinated chicken skin side up on oven tray. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove tray from the oven and make 3 to 4 incisions all along each piece of chicken. Sprinkle on the leftover suya spice
- Change oven setting to broil /grill and increase to 400F
- Return chicken to oven and cook for another 5-8 minutes
- Enjoy with a side of something cold!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.