- 5 chicken thighs(chopped into cubes)
- Seasoning (1 cube magi, 1/2tspn salt, 1/2tspn black pepper)
- ¼ large onion (chopped)
- 3tb spoon olive oil
- 500ml (2cups) coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Cube magi
- Half bunch cilantro (chopped) (Optional)
- Work the seasoning in part A into the chicken, set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce, whisk until they are well incorporated (set aside)
- Set a saute pan on medium heat, add in the olive oil. Allow the oil to heat up for 2mins, add in the chicken. Allow the chicken to cook on each side for 3-4mins. Remove the chicken from oil and set aside
- Add the onions to the left over oil in the pan, saute for 4-5mins (Until the onions become translucent)
- Add in the whisked sauce ingredient. Cover and allow to boil for 7-8mins
- Stir, taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Now add in the pre-cooked chicken into the sauce. Simmer for another 10minuts. Add in the cilantro at this point.
Serve with rice or Naan bread.
PS: if you prefer a thicker curry, add in one cup of yogurt for 2 cups of coconut milk. You may also use tomato paste as thickener.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.