Iced Zobo Lemonade
Itâ€™s the peak of summer in most parts of the world and like everyone else I am constantly looking for ways to cool down. With a vision to make my liquid count, I created this extremely delicious summer mocktail. This antioxidant rich lemonade is a great guilt free way to relax Â this summer. If you have end of summerÂ BBQ or get-together planned, this will make a great mocktail or cocktail (simply add your favorite vodka). The recipe as is will make about 3.5 liters and it can be doubled to make a bigger batch. This will also freeze extremely well as popsicles, simple add the finished juice into a popsicle mold and freeze overnight or use ordinary disposable cups if you don’t have a mold.
What you will need:
- 1 cup raw zobo leaves (hibiscus, Sorrel, Bissap leaves)
Making the concentrate:
Combine zobo leaves with 3Â cups water, Boil on low-medium heat for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool at room temperature. Remove and discard the leaves. Â Refrigerate resulting liquid until chilled
- 1 + 1/3 cup sugar (substitute honey)
- 1 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (About 7 fresh lemons)
Tip: To get the most juice out of the fresh lemons, microwave for 1-2 minutesÂ before squeezing
- Â Â Â Â 12Â Â cups Water
Making the lemonade:
- In a small pan, combine sugar and 1 cup water. Bring to boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled. In a pitcher or large bowl, stir together chilled sugar syrup, lemon juice and remaining 11 cups water
- In a large pitcher or bowl, combine, lemonade and zobo concentrate . Â Stir until thoroughly combined.
Serve on ice and enjoy the burst of flavors.