mehn, guys this recipe will change your lunch game forever! I am not even kidding. it’s definitely one for the books. If you are in the healthy food space, you already know low carb is all the rave right now. From the High fat, low carb, low protein Keto Nigerians to the normal Low carb folks. Everyone is trying yo eat less carbs especially from grains.
Eating less carb is an idea I can definitely get behind, as most of our meals are carb heavy. A low carb diet naturally forces you to focus more on healthy vegetables while curbing grain intake. This is a win win.
This recipe follows one of the most popular recipes in my Low Carb Meal plan but it’s definitely in a world of its own.
- 800g minced beef or turkey
- 1 teaspoon each – ginger, pepper flakes, garlic, curry, thyme and onion
- Salt – to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion – Minced
- ~ 12 cups slaw mix (Red cabbage, green cabbage and carrot )
- I used pre packaged slaw mix but you can definitely make yours
- Season minced meat with spices and salt. Set aside
- Place a large skillet on medium heat, heat up oil
- Add in seasoned minced meat and cook until browned
- Add in onions. stir fry until fragrant and translucent (4-5 minutes)
- Add in slaw mix. Stirfry for 5 more minutes. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Serve for lunch or supper
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.