I am not calling this Efo Riro, because Efo riro requires a lot more finesse and the flavor profile is a bit different [due to the time it takes to bleach the oil, the presence of Iru (locust beans) and the absence of tomatoes in Efo Riro
2 thighs smoked turkey (Pulled)
6 pieces cow skin and 6 pieces goat meat (cleaned)
Fresh smoked fished (pulled, bones removed)
4 cubes Maggi
Salt to taste
1/4-cup palm oil
2 bunches fresh Efo (spinach, kale, collard etc) (cleaned and chopped finely)
2 large red bell pepper, 2 small tomatoes, 2 hot peppers, 1/4 large onion, small ginger root
- In a medium pot, combine all of part a with 2 cups water. Add in 2 cubes maggi and salt to taste. Boil on medium heat until meat is tender
- Combine all of c in a blender with 1/2cup water. Pulse to chop to a rough consistency
- Set a medium pot on high heat, add and heat up the oil. Add in pepper mixture, leftover maggi and salt. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust for salt. Cover the pot, cook for 5 minutes
- Add in the pre-cooked meat from part b. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add in chopped efo, stir. Add in the smoked fish. Simmer for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve with Rice. EnJOy!