I am not calling this Efo Riro, because Efo riro requires a lot more finesse and the flavor profile is a bit different
[due to the time it takes to bleach the oil, the presence of Iru (locust beans) and the absence of tomatoes in Efo Riro. This I will call Efo Stew.
- 2 thighs smoked turkey (Pulled)
- 6 pieces cow skin and 6 pieces goat meat (cleaned)
- Fresh smoked fished (pulled, bones removed)
- 4 cubes Maggi
- Salt to taste
- 1/4-cup palm oil
- 2 bunches fresh Efo (spinach, kale, collard etc) (cleaned and chopped finely)
- 2 large red bell pepper, 2 small tomatoes, 2 hot peppers, 1/4 large onion, small ginger root
- In a medium pot, combine all of part a with 2 cups water. Add in 2 cubes maggi and salt to taste. Boil on medium heat until meat is tender
- Combine all of (C) in a blender with 1/2 cup water. Pulse to chop to a rough consistency
- Set a medium pot on high heat, add and heat up the oil. Add in pepper mixture, leftover maggi and salt. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust for salt.
- Cover the pot, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the pre-cooked meat from part b. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add in chopped efo, stir. Add in the smoked fish. Simmer for 2-3 more minutes.
Your Efo Stew is ready.