Ever since I tried suya spice on salmon about a year ago, I have been using my suya spice on almost all kinds of protein ( Smoked goat with suya spice is to die for). I had a craving for Chicken Suya some days back, instead of taking the skewer/stick meat route, I decided to do up a little stir fry, the result was amazing and this dish is definitely going to be a consistent part of my diet moving forward.
- 4 pieces boneless chicken thighs* ( Cleaned, skinned and cut into chunks)
- 1/2 teaspoon each (Ginger power, garlic power, thyme and onion power)
- 1 cube maggi
- Salt to taste
- 2 Table spoons tomato sauce
- 2 table spoons Olive oil
- 1 tomato ( cubed)
- 1/4 of a large onion (cubed)
- 2 sprigs of green onion ( chopped)
- 1 small chilli (shombo or ata rod0) (chopped)
- 1 table spoon Suya spice Mix
- Thoroughly combine the chicken with salt, maggi, ginger, garlic,thyme and onion. Set aside
- Place a large skillet on medium heat, add in the oil. Wait 2 minutes, add in the chicken. Brown the chicken on each side for 4 mins
Add in the chopped onion, chilli, spring onion and tomato. Combine
- Add in the tomato sauce and suya spice. Simmer on medium heat for 4-5minutes.
Serve On rice. Enjoy!!
* Chicken thighs work best in this recipe, it will not come out as great with chicken breast*