Chicken Piri Piri is a dish made popular by Nandos Restaurants all over the world. Although Nandos has its origin in south Africa with a Portuguese-Mozambican flair ; Piri Piri (Swahili for pepper pepper) is actually a kind of chilli grown in Nigeria and several other African countries. Recipes for the sauce vary across the board, here is my delicious version;
PIRI PIRI SAUCE
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or coriander (Cilantro)
- ½ large onion (chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 fresh Peri Peri peppers ( substitute any small chili)
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt – to taste
- 4 stock cubes (bouillon)
Combine all the ingredients in a blender, puree to a smooth paste.
- 12 raw chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup periperi sauce
- Thoroughly combine chicken and sauce. marinate for 8 – 24 hours.
- Grill or bake at 400f until cooked through (30-35 minutes)
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.