Who is here for simple delicious recipes?? I know I am. My goal in life is to make cooking as less complicated and as flavorful as humanly possible. I have cooked some delicious things in my life but this right here is greatness. Minimal work for some epic deliciousness. If you cant already tell, I absolutely love this soup.
This is a great simple dish that can be made on any budget. It’s hearty and warm and can be enjoyed for lunch or supper. This recipe is very reminiscent of peppersoup but doesn’t require special spices. The ginger, scotch bonnet and garlic go a long way to clear out your sinuses, even when it doesn’t feel like there is anything to clear.
Go ahead, indulge in some hot-soup therapy
- 1 finger ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large tatashe (bell pepper)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 hot peppers (scotch bonnet , ata-rodo)
- 1 whole chicken (cleaned and cut)
- 2 maggi cubes
- salt - to taste
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a blender, pulse until rough blended. set aside
- place cleaned chicken pieces in a large pot, add in salt and maggi and cover with 5 cups of water. Place on medium-high heat and boil until chicken is tender (35-40 minutes if using hard chicken , 15-20 minutes if using soft chicken). Turn off heat.
- Remove chicken pieces from the broth. Pour the broth through a strainer (to remove any residue)
- Return both chicken and broth to the pot, add in blended pepper from step one. Stir to combine. Place on medium heat and cook for another 10 minutes.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.