You people already know that I have a thing for chicken, I eat so much of it that variety is a absolute necessity. Some of the fan favorite recipes in the past have been Chicken Paprika, coconut chicken and chicken Yassa. This is a recipe that rivals the ones listed. I am sharing my secret chicken ingredient with the nation today, guess what it is – yogurt. Yes yogurt. Without going into too much sciency detail, the acid in the yogurt penetrates and breaks down the chicken muscle which leads to a more intense flavored moist chicken.
Still have your nose turned up to the idea of yogurt + meat? please please humor me, just do half batch with yogurt and do half batch without. Now come back and give me your verdict.
On to the recipe:
- Chicken Leg quarters - 12
- Thyme - 1 Tbspn
- Rosemary - 1 Tbspn
- Black, white or Cameroon pepper - To taste
- Salt - to taste
- Maggi - 3 cubes
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt
- 6-12 clean Chili pepper - Ata wewe , sombo
- 4 clean Garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients for the chicken. Set in the fridge to marinate overnight
- Combine sauce ingredients in a blender. pulse until rough blended. Set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line an oven tray with foil or parchment
- Arrange marinated chicken on oven tray, bake for 30 minutes
- Remove chicken from oven, generously cover pieces with sauce
- Change oven setting to broil /grill and increase to 400f
- Return chicken to oven and cook for another 12-15 minutes
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.