This is a great healthy alternative to deep fried Nigerian buns. it’s filling, delicious and great as a healthy snack or breakfast biscuit. They taste amazingly delicious, very much like a cross between cookies, scones and fried buns.
white wholewheat flour is a great and healthy alternative to plain white flour, I spoke to the greatness of it on this recipe for whole wheat Nigerian meatpie.
- 2.5 cups White Whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar or Honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil or melted butter
Optional : Shredded coconut, dried or fresh fruit (handful)
- Preheat oven to 350f
- line an oven tray with parchment or foil paper and set aside
- In two separate bowls, combine the wet and dry ingredients
- Add in the wet mixture into the dry mixture a little at a time while mixing with your hand
- Divide the mixture into 14-16 mounds . Place on the lined oven tray and top with fruits if using
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until just brown. Try not to overcook the buns, they will harden as they cool.
Serve Warm with Fresh juice or Tea