If you saw the title of this post and thought “Ronke is baking???”, lmao… thou shall not be afraid. I am actually baking and it’s such a delicious recipe. Y’all already know that for me to do it, it has to be stupidly simple. Ain’t nobody gat time for complicated whala.
I totally love this recipe, I have made it a bunch of times and it’s always a hit. I adapted the original recipe from Craft Passion and I have modified it to suit my taste. This is the perfect simple crowing glory for your Christmas supper.
- Butter 60g (cold, cut into smaller cubes)
- All-purpose flour ½ cup (62.5g)
- Sugar 3 tablespoons (37.5g)
- Ground cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour 2 cups (250g)
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Baking power 3 teaspoons
- Sugar ½ cup (118g)
- Butter - 125g (melted)
- Eggs - 2
- Milk - ¾ cup
- Apples 2 - Cored and cubed
- Optional : add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon into the sliced apple and microwave for 2.5 mins
- Handful or 2 chopped nut (optional)
- Preheat oven to (350°F)
- Grease a round cake pan - set aside
- Combine the Crumble topping ingredient in a bowl until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. set in refrigerator
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl and add in left over dry ingredients. combine.
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until well incorporated
- Pour half of the batter into the cake pan Place apple cubes onto the batter, pressing them in slightly, pour over the left over batter. Sprinkle on chopped nut if using
- Sprinkle on the crumble topping (should be in the fridge)
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Leave to cool for 10 minutes or more before slicing
- Serve warm with ice cream
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.