Nigerian ASARO ( YAM porridge/Pottage)
Yam 1/2 medium size tuber* (peeled, washed and cubed)
- Palm oil (3 Tablespoons)
- Maggi (2 cubes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dried fish (washed) (approximately 1 cup)
- Blended crayfish (1 Tablespoon)
- Dried pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Add yam cubes to a pot, pour in enough water to just cover the yam. Cover and cook on medium heat for 15-20min
- Uncover the pot, with a wooden spoon break the yam down by gently mashing
- Add in the left over ingredients. combine
- Reduce heat to minimum, cover the pot and simmer for another 10-12 minutes
Serve with your choice of beef or chicken
*You need about 4 cups of cubed yams.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.