I must confess I love me some food court style vegetable stir fry, you know the type they have at Asian food stalls. I was on hunt for a great recipe and an acquaintance of mine was kind enough to get me this recipe right from the source. This is a great way to incorporate vegetables into your diet, even those who do not usually like vegetables will enjoy this. This is a recipe to add to your archive of healthy recipes that can be achieved on a Nigerian Diet. This can also serve as a great side option on your Christmas menu. My choice of vegetables is a factor of availability, feel free to substitute vegetables of your choice.
- 1 cup chicken broth *
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (Substitute salt to taste)
- Black pepper – To taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 1/2 cup onion – chopped
- 1 cup carrot – sliced
- 1 cup green beans – trimmed
- 1 cup mushrooms (Sliced)
** If you do not have chicken Broth, combine one cup of water with one cube Knorr chicken and add in your favorite spices.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large over high heat. Add in all the vegetables.
- Add broth mixture; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
A colleague is conducting a survey about Nigerian Food Blogs, please take a moment to complete it here