I am a big fan of rice and beans; it’s all round great food, lots of Protein, carbohydrate and Fiber. Read the previous post I had on the benefits of beans consumption. The past weekend, I made some RnB paired with Tomato meat sauce. The tomato sauce was PERFECT for rice and beans recipe.
Tomato meat sauce:
- 3 cups ground beef or ground turkey (any minced meat)
- 1table spoon Italian seasoning
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2 bouillon cubes
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup sliced onions
- 4 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon curry
1. Combine 2 cups of ground beef with salt, Italian seasoning and 1 cube magi. Combine.
2. Using a table spoon, divide up the seasoned meat sauce and ball them up
3. Place a large pot over medium heat, pour in the canola oil. Once the oil is hot ~2-3mins, add in the meat balls. Fry until golden brown (the meat doesn’t have to be cooked at this point; it just has to be browned). Remove the meat balls and set on paper towel
4. Remove half of the oil used to fry the meatballs from the pot and discard. Add the onions into the leftover oil, sauté until translucent.
5. Add the left over ground meat in with the sautéed onions. Stir. Leave to cook for 3mins (or until browned)
6. Add the tomatoes into the pot; add in the curry and left over bouillon cube. Combine. Add in the fried meatballs
7. Cover the pot and simmer for 12mins. Uncover the pot, stir. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Simmer for another 5mins.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.