There are days when I get intense cravings for “Outside food”, anything outside my regular diet combination. My first instinct is usually Pizza, then Chinese then burgers. These days I have developed a little phobia for outside food; I have been doing lots of research on restaurant and menu development, the more I know the less happy I am about eating out. Anyways, I wanted something different a few nights ago and I came up with this combination. Please let me know if you try it.
- 2 large sweet potatoes ( washed and cut into wedges)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, thyme and chilli powder – to taste
Toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, salt,thyme and chilli. set aside.
- 12 pieces chicken wings
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- I tablespoon oil
- 1 teasp00n chili flakes (or minced fresh chili)
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- preheat oven to 400f
- Combine chicken wings with salt, pepper and oil
- In a different bowl, combine chili flakes, honey and lime juice. Set aside
- Arrange chicken and potatoes on a foil covered oven tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove tray from oven.
- Gather chicken wings and toss with honey mixture, coat generously. Also, flip potato wedges
- Return chicken pieces back to the tray (add on any left over sauce from the bowl) .Set the tray back in the oven, bake for another 5 minutes.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.