Nigerian Yam Pottage
4 “white” potatoes•
1/2 a fresh tomato
1 small red bell pepper
1/4 cup of grounded crayfish
5 large fresh prawns
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cut beef and prawns into little cubes and boil with seasonings of your choice.
2. Wash and blend fresh tomato, red bell pepper and onions.
3. Set pot on medium heat, add canola oil to the pot and let it heat up.
4. Add a pinch of salt to the hot oil and add cut onions.
5. Add your blended tomato paste to the hot oil.
6. Add salt, pepper, bouillon cubes, a little water and crayfish to the tomato paste and allow to cook.
7. Peel potatoes and cut into bite size cubes.
8. Let the tomato paste cook for close to 15mins. Add more water if needed. We don’t want the paste “slappy”
9. Add your boiled meat to the stew.
10. Add your cut up potatoes.
11. Allow potatoes to completely cook then add your spinach, stir and turn off heat.
I particularly cook just white potato because I find the other types of potato too mushy
Barbara Forson says: