This is my simple mackerel recipe, it’s so easy and tastes as sinful as the fried version
- 2 whole fresh mackerel ( gutted and cleaned)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- I cube maggi
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- I table spoon olive oil
- I teaspoon pepper powder
- Pat dry the mackerel and make several incisions along both sides
- Gently rub in the salt and set aside for 2-4 hours
- Combine the left over ingredients in a small bowl
- Preheat your oven to 375°C
- Thoroughly brush the salted mackerel with the olive oil mixture
- Place the fish on a foil paper lined oven tray. Roast in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes or until crispy
Enjoy with cold garri 🙂How often do you treat yourself to fish? What type of fish do you like? please share in the comments below.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.