Oven Baked Coconut Shrimps ( Makes 8 )
- 8 raw large shrimps ( Cleaned and deveined)
- ½ a lime or lemon(Juiced)
- ½ teaspoon each ( salt and black pepper)
- ½ tsp seasoning salt
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 Table spoons corn meal
- 2 egg whites ( Beaten)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
Other: Cooking spray, oven tray
- In a bowl, combine the shrimps, lime juice, salt and black pepper. Set aside
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal and seasoning salt. Mix well and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 400degrees F
- Line an oven tray with some foil and lightly spray on some cooking spray
- Take the shrimps one at a time: coat on the flour mixture, then deep the shrimp in egg white and then coat generously with the shredded coconut. Place on the oven tray. Repeat until all the shrimps are done.
- Place in the oven and bake on each side for 6Mins (or until the coconut turns lightly brown).