- 1 + 1/4 cups flour (157 grams)
- 1 teaspoon quick rise yeast (This is the most important part, be sure to get the quick rise yeast)
- 1/4 cup sugar (50 grams) (adjust down or up for preference)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the warm water and yeast. Set aside for 5-10minutes until the mixture becomes frothy (foamy at the top)
- In another bowl combine flour, sugar and nutmeg
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients thoroughly. Batter should be thick and smooth with a couple of bubbles.
- Cover the mixture with a table cloth. set aside in a warm place for 1 hour . The batter will be double its original size when ready
- Set a large pot on medium heat, add in the oil
- Once the oil is hot – about 5-6mins . Scoop the mixture with your hand , drop in the oil ( try not to crowd the pan)
- Fry until golden brown turning occasionally.