As you might have guessed, this recipe is inspired by the party favorite gizdo but instead of gizzard I am making used of minced meat combined with incredible spices. It is gooey, melty and oh so delicious . It pairs perfectly with everything from rice to quinoa to pasta. It’s sure to be your new go to favorite sauce.
- 950g minced beef or turkey
- Maggi – 4 cubes
- Salt – to taste
- 1 tspn ginger
- 1 tspn pepper
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 large onion – finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves – minced
- 1-2 hot peppers – Minced
- 3 large tomatoes – minced
- Teaspoon each – Curry and thyme
- 2 large plantains – cubed and fried or baked
- 3 cups vegetables of choice (bell pepper, mushroom, minced carrot etc)
- Combine minced meat with pepper, salt, 2 maggi cubes and ginger. Set aside
- Place a skillet on medium-high heat. Heat up oil. Stir in minced onion and fry until it starts to brown. Stir in minced garlic. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add in seasoned minced meat. Stirfry until completely browned. Add in tomatoes and fried plantain. Season with salt, maggi, minced pepper, curry and thyme. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in chopped vegetables
Serve mincedo over boiled rice, quinoa, acha or pasta. Enjoy!!!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.