I got a request to do a post on Mackerel(Titus) stew, I already did a post on it last year so this is a recycled post.The sauce above has mackerel and Tilapia.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers (tatashe)
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers (ata-rodo)
- 1 small onion
- Small ginger
- 2 maggi cubes
- 1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 1/4 vegetable oil + 1 Tablespoon palm oil
- 2 large mackerel fish (titus)
- Cut, clean and season the fish with some salt and black pepper (set aside) the longer the better
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender and blend to a fine paste. Set blended pepper in a pot on high heat for 10 minutes to remove excess water
- In a different pot, combine the vegetable oil and palm oil. once the oil is hot, add in the parboiled pepper. Add in salt, maggi and the cleaned fish. Cover the pot simmer on medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve on Rice or pasta.