Deep Fried Black Eyed Beans (peas)*
2 cups black eyed beans
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- In a medium pot, add beans and 5 cups water. Cook on low heat for 2:30 hrs.
- Remove from the heat; pour the beans into a strainer to remove any excess water. Air Dry on a flat plate or tray.
- Place a pot of oil on high heat; add in the air dried beans once the oil is hot enough.
- Remove the beans once it turns brown (~7-8min)
- when you are done with the frying, sprinkle salt on the fried beans while it’s still hot.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.