Welcome to the very first recipe on 9jafoodie.com!! we are extremely excited for this journey and we hope you will come along with us. We are kicking things off with this coconut chicken recipe, we hope you try it. Feedback’s and comments are always awesome!
Pan seared coconut Chicken Thighs
4 chicken thighs (cleaned)
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
2 tablespoons coconut oil
A- The sauce
1/2 teaspoon Rosemary
Touch of salt
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 of a small onions (finely minced)
1 Red chilli (finely minced)
2 Tablespoons Coconut Milk
- Season the chicken with the salt and black pepper. Set aside
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Place a large skillet over high heat and add oil, when the oil is hot, place the chicken thighs in skin side down. Sear on each side for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from oil and set on a lined oven tray, place in the over for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Combine all the ingredients in Part A in a medium pot to make the sauce. Simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat
- Serve the sauce over the cooked chicken.