This is another basmati rice recipe, if you haven’t tried our Basmati coconut rice and basmati Jollof you are missing out. This is my tested and recommended basmati fried rice recipe, try it out and let us know how it goes.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 cubes maggi
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon curry powder (divided)
- 1 teaspoon thyme powder (divided)
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (Carrot, peas, cabbage, sweetcorn)
- ¼ cup chopped spring onion (optional)
- 1 ½ cups precooked shrimps or chicken (optional)
- ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 3 cups basmati rice (washed) (Preferably extra fancy long grain )
- Place a large pot (with a good fitting lid) on medium heat; add 1 part each of oil, curry, thyme, 1 cube maggi, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir.
- Add in 3 cups water. Cover the pot, increase heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low (2.5-3), add in the rice and stir. Cover the pot tightly (I cover my pot with foil paper usually and then add on the lid) leave the rice to cook for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool
- Place another large pot on medium heat, add in the left over oil and heat slightly. Add all left over ingredients and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the precooked rice, meat (if using) and 3 tablespoons water, combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning as needed. Simmer for another 3 minutes
Serve and Enjoy!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.