This version is a variant as prepared by the Yoruba people.
- 2 cups processed palm nut (I used Ghana Fresh)
- 2 cups assorted meat of choice (precooked) (I used shaki, dried fish and ponmo)
- 3 tablespoons ground crayfish
- 2 bouillon cube (Maggi or Knorr)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bitter leave (optional)
- Set a medium size pot on below medium heat, add in the Palm nut fruit and 2.5 cups of water. stir until the water is well incorporated into the palm nut. leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in the precooked meat, maggi, salt, crayfish and bitter leave . Stir again, reduce the heat to minimum, adjust the soup for water if need be at this point. taste and adjust for salt. cover the pot and leave to cook for another 15 minutes.
- There should be oil on the soup from the palm nut at this point, skim off the excess oil. Serve the soup with pounded yam, fufu or starch.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.