This is another basmati rice recipe, if you haven’t tried our Basmati coconut rice and basmati Jollof you are missing out. This is my tested and recommended basmati fried rice recipe, try it out and let us know how it goes.
- 4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 cubes maggi
- 2 teaspoon curry powder (divided)
- 1 teaspoon thyme powder (divided)
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- ¼ cups chopped spring onion (optional)
- 1.5 cups precooked shrimps or chicken (optional)
- ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1teaspoon salt
- 3 cups basmati rice (washed) (Preferably extra fancy long grain basmati rice. my preferred brand are 404 premium and La Quilla )
- Place a large pot (with a good fitting lid) on medium heat; add 1 part each of oil, curry, thyme, 1 cube magi, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir.
- Add in 3 cups water. Cover the pot, increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to minimum (the lowest setting on your cooker), add in the rice and stir. Cover the pot tightly (I cover my pot with foil paper usually and then add on the lid) leave the rice to cook for 25min. Set aside to cool
- Place another large pot on medium heat, add in the left over oil and heat slightly. Add all left over ingredients and cook for 2mins.
- Add in the precooked rice, meat (if using) and 3 table spoons water, combine. Taste and adjust for salt as needed. Simmer for another 3 mins
Serve and Enjoy!