There are days when I get intense cravings for “Outside food”, anything outside my regular diet combination. My first instinct is usually Pizza, then Chinese then burgers. These days I have developed a little phobia for outside food, I have been doing lots of research on restaurant food and menu development and the more I know the less encouraged I get about eating out. Anyways, I wanted something different a few nights ago and I came up with this combination. Please let me know if you try it.
For the Potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes ( washed and cut into wedges)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt, thyme and chilli powder to taste
Toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, salt,thyme and chilli. set aside.
For the chicken Wings
12 pieces chicken wings
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
I tablespoon oil
1 Teasp00n chilli flakes
Juice of one lime
2 Table spoons African dark honey
- Combine the chicken wings with sea salt, black pepper and oil
- In a different bowl, combine the chilli flakes, dark honey and lime juice. Set aside
- Arrange the chicken and potatoes on an oiled oven tray, set in the oven on 350.
- Bake for 25 mins. Remove from oven and flip the potatoes over.
- Add the precooked wings to the honey mixture, coat generously
- Return the chicken back to the tray (add on any left over sauce from the bowl) .Set the tray back in the oven, bake on 350F for another 15mins.