1 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon quick rise yeast (This is the most important ingredient, be sure to get the quick rise yeast)
1/2 cup sugar (adjust down for preference)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup lukewarm water
oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, yeast and nutmeg
- with a whisk or spatula , add in the water while mixing
- Once all the flour is worked in properly ( it should be smooth, with a couple of bubbles), cover the mixture with a table cloth. set aside in a luke-warm space for 3-4hrs
- Set a large pot on medium heat, add in the oil.
- Once the oil is hot ~ 5-6mins, Scoop the mixture with your hand or an icecream scoop, drop in the oil ( try not to crowd the pan)
- Fry until golden brown turning occasionally.