1 semi ripe plantain (cubed)
2 medium size tomatoes (cubed)
1tsp minced garlic
3tspns chopped onion
2 Tspns olive or groundnut oil
A dash of curry
A dash dried crushed pepper
1 cube Maggi (bouillion)(optional)
Salt to taste
* A choice of protein**cooked* optional
- Place a medium size pot on medium heat, add in the oil wait about 2mins then add in the onion and garlic. Stir until the onion becomes translucent (2-3mins)
- Add in 11/4 cup water, curry, pepper, bullion cube and salt. Cover the pot and bring the water to a boil, now add in the diced tomatoes and plantain, reduce the heat and leave to cook for 18mins.
- Taste and adjust the soup for sasoning, add in the flour*(this is to thicken the soup), simmer for another 4mins.
- Serve the soup with your choice of protein(best with seafood or chicken)
*If the soup isn’t thick enough, add in a little more flour. Be sure to wait about 3mins after the first flour addition though, it takes a few mins for the soup to thicken*