I got a request to do a post on Mackerel(Titus) stew, I already did a post on it last year so this is a recycled post.The sauce above has mackerel and Tilapia.
- 4 large roma tomatoes
- 2 large bell peppers (tatashe)
- 2 habanera peppers (rodo)
- 1 small onion
- 4 all spice seed ( crushed)
- 2 maggi cubes
- Small ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 1/4 vegetable oil+ 1Tsp palm oil
- 2 large mackerel(titus) or tilapia
- Cut, clean and season the fish with some salt and black pepper (set aside) the longer the better
- Combine tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, ginger, and habanera pepper in a blender, Blend to a paste.Set blended pepper on high heat for 10mins ( this helps to reduce the water content)
- In a different pot, combine the vegetable oil and palm oil. once the oil is hot, add in the parboiled pepper. Add in salt, maggi and the cleaned fish. cover the pot simmer on medium heat for 15-20 mins.
- Serve on Rice or pasta.