Nkwobi is very popular in the Eastern part of Nigeria, among the Igbos. The dish is prepared with cow-leg .
- Add some salt to the cow leg and boil over medium heat until tender
- While the cow leg is boiling, grind your crayfish, efuru, and fresh pepper. Set aside. (A)
- Depending on the quantity of your meat, dissolve some potash/akanwu (about two spoons) in four spoons of water. If it’s difficult to dissolve, blend.
- Pour your Potash/akaun mixture into a large bowl, add in your blended crayfish, pepper and ehuru (A). Combine.
- Take your bottle of palm oil and pour it slowly into the mixture until you have a fine paste. Then add your salt, maggi, and pepper-soup spices to the paste.
- Remove the parboiled meat from water, add the meat to the paste and combine. Sprinkle on your bitter leaf and add in some chopped onions.
- Your ukwobi is ready to serve.