How to Make Nigerian Puff Puff
1 + 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon quick rise yeast (This is the most important part, be sure to get the quick rise yeast)
1/4 cup sugar (adjust down or up for preference)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup lukewarm water
oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the warm water, sugar and yeast. Set aside for 5-10minutes until the mixture becomes frothy (foamy at the top)
- Now add in the flour and nutmeg. Combine thoroughly
- Once all the flour is worked in properly ( it should be smooth, with a couple of bubbles), cover the mixture with a table cloth. set aside in a warm place for 1 hour . The batter will be double its original size when ready.
- Set a large pot on medium heat, add in the oil.
- Once the oil is hot ~ 5-6mins, Scoop the mixture with your hand or an icecream scoop, drop in the oil ( try not to crowd the pan)
- Fry until golden brown turning occasionally.