- 2 large red bell peppers (Tatashe)
- 2 large green bell peppers (green tatashe)
- 1 large red onion (chopped)
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 scotch Bonnet peppers (Ata Rodo)
- 1/2 small red onion (chopped)
- Meat (goat meat, ponmo, shaki (tripe), panla (dried cod) and any other choice of meat)- Pre-cooked
- 4 Boiled eggs (optional)
- 1 cup palm oil
- 3 cubes Knorr or maggi
- Salt to taste
- Combine Part A in a blender or food processor, puree to a fine paste
Pour the pureed mixture into a medium pot, set on high heat. Cook for 20mins to remove excess water. Alternatively you can microwave the mixture for 10 minutes on high.
- Set a large pot on medium heat, add in half of the palm oil , bleach for about 2 minutes, add in the chopped onions and fry until dark. Remove and discard the onions.
- Add in the parboiled pureed mixture, ½ – 1 cup water (depending on how thick you like your stew), Knorr cubes and salt. Simmer for 15 minutes
- Reduce the heat to below medium, add in the precooked meat and eggs (if using). Combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes. Add in the left over palm oil
- Cover and simmer for another 5 minutes. The stew is ready to serve when oil floats to the top.
Serve on white rice or as a sauce for Okele.