- Whisk together eggs, water, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a lightly buttered, oiled or sprayed skillet heated over medium-high temperature.
- Pour in egg mixture. The mixture should set at the edges almost immediately. With a spatula, gently push cooked portions toward the centre. Tilt and rotate the skillet to allow the uncooked egg to flow into the empty spaces.
- When egg is almost set on the surface but still looks moist, cover one half of the omelette with filling.
- Slip spatula under the unfilled side, fold the omelette in half and slide it onto a plate.